What We Do
The Center for Processing Innovation (CPI) provides the food industry and government agencies with applied research capabilities for process validation of thermal and emerging technologies that lead to new and value-added products. Our Center capitalizes on state of the art research methods developed collaboratively with FDA scientists co-located at IFSH’s National Center for Food Safety and Technology. To read more about the services offered by the CPI, see our Center for Processing Innovation Services Areas Page.
What You Get
- Research Related to -
- Thermal Processes
- High Pressure Processing
- Microwave Modeling
- Pulsed Ultraviolet Light
- High Power Ultrasound
- Cold Plasma
- Pilot Plant Facilities Leasing
- Package Seal Integrity Testing
- Package Material Migration Testing
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging
- Over 25 years of leadership in process validation and verification.
- Validation of cleaning and food sanitation processes.
- Ability to scale-up from bench-top to pilot plant.
- Education training services for process control and validation.
- One-stop-shop for companies of all sizes seeking FSMA compliance assistance.
- Nationally recognized food safety task forces.
How We Deliver
- Collaborative linkages with the FDA.
- Multi-disciplinary approach to food processes and validation.
- World-class research teams that deliver path-to-market answers.
- Industry driven consortiums that address emerging market needs.