About the Center
The Center for Specialty Programs provides laboratories and businesses with innovative proficiency testing (PT) and method validation programs. The Center has expertise in the preparation and distribution of naturally incurred and artificially contaminated samples in a variety of food matrices for chemical as well as microbiological analysis. Considering IFSH’s linkages with the FDA, the Center is uniquely positioned to prepare against public health threats, and also to satisfy specific provisions of the Food Safety Modernization Act. The Center also manages the development and oversight of government contracts with the US FDA, USDA, Department of Homeland Security, and other regulatory agencies associated with food protection and nutrition.
What You Get
- Proven record as a provider of proficiency testing schemes to FDA, USDA, CDC, CVM, DHS, State Health and Agriculture, and food industry laboratories.
- Unique capabilities to work with a wide range of food matrices and analytes in preparing homogeneous, stable, life-like test samples.
- Scientific expertise to design, conduct, analyze, and report Inter/Multi-Laboratories studies.
- Decades of experience managing Proficiency Testing Programs.
- Provider for the FERN, LRN and Vet-LRN food microbiology and chemistry proficiency testing samples.
- Provider of proficiency testing samples for FDA regulatory programs, USDA cooperative agreement laboratories, CDC and DHS programs.
- Lyophilized Food PT/Test Sample capability.
- Expanded list of matrices/analytes for Inter/Multi-Laboratory studies.
How We Deliver
- Industry driven consortiums that address market needs.
- Internationally recognized scientists in proficiency methods.
- Collaborative linkages with the FDA.
Center for Specialty Programs Research Projects