One of the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) goals is to develop training programs to assist human food companies in complying with FDA's Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCHF) regulation. In order to offer the FSPCA training to the industry worldwide, the FSPCA is currently using a small number of instructors ("Trainers of Trainers") who are highly skilled and knowledgeable about food safety systems and FDA's Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation to train independent "Lead Instructors" who then offer the FSPCA standardized curriculum training, recognized by FDA, directly to industry course participants.
The FSPCA maintains strict control over the Lead Instructor training process in order to assure successful learning outcomes. Trainers of Trainers therefore must be high-level professionals who have extensive experience in food safety systems and training.
The FSPCA will periodically recruit additional Trainers of Trainers for human food as the need arises to help train Lead Instructors domestically and internationally to build capacity of Lead Instructors to train industry. The FSPCA's determination of need will influence approval.
NOTE! We are no longer reviewing Trainer of Trainers applications for applicants based in the U.S. There currently is no need for additional trainers in the U.S.
How do I become an FSPCA Trainer of Trainers (TOT) for Human Food?
- You must be highly skilled and knowledgeable about food safety systems and FDA's Preventive Controls Human Food (PCFH) regulation.
- You must have successfully completed PCHF Course and Lead Instructor Course, be fluent in regional language and have excellent English comprehension.
- Complete a short, on-line application for review by the FSPCA Steering Committee Review Board.
- If conditionally approved, instruct at least one Lead Instructor Course with a recognized TOT. After recognized TOT approves candidate, candidate receives a TOT Certificate and will be added to the approved TOT roster posted on FSPCA's webpage (see below).
- Approved candidate instructs PCHF Lead Instructor courses under the oversight of the FSPCA. FSPCA may provide reimbursement to ToTs.