- Is considered a major defect when the seal width is reduced to less than 3 mm (3/32-inch).
- Is considered a a minor defect when the seal width has 3 mm (3/32-inch) of bonded seal present.
This is a seal that is not formed in a continuous, straight line.
- Sealing edges of the packaging material were misaligned during the longitudinal sealing operation.
- The transversal sealing jaws were misaligned.
- The package was not placed properly within the sealing jaws during transversal sealing operation.