The 2017 IFT-EFFoST International Nonthermal Processing Conference/Workshop and Short Course was very successful due to the excellent presentations by keynote speakers, invited speakers, student presenters and poster presenters and the support of the sponsors, members of the International Scientific Committee and members of the Local Organizing Committee. The attendees very actively participated in the discussions during both the conference and short course.
2017 IFT-EFFoST International Nonthermal Processing Short Course May 23, 2017
We had 53 participants for the Short Course that featured 11 invited presentations from international experts in the field. Overwhelming interests in the short course were received.
2017 IFT-EFFoST International Nonthermal Processing Conference/Workshop May 24-25, 2017
We had 102 participants from 9 countries (US, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, UK) attended the Conference/Workshop, most of the participants come from the food and allied industry companies (41 industry companies represented).
Other statistics of the conference include:
- 1 Platinum (IFT)
- 1 Gold (Avure)
- 3 Silver (Hiperbaric, Nestle, Pall Corporation)
- 3 Technology Showcase (DTI, TetraPak, Xenon)
- 3 Field Trip (Chicagoland Food & Beverage Network, Liberty Cold, Here)
- 11 sessions, including 2 breakout sessions and one panel discussion session
- 34 oral presentations, including 6 student competition presentations
- 18 poster presentations
- Spirit of Chicago Dinner Reception (Evening of May 24) where Dr. C. Patrick Dunne received “Life Time Achievement Award.”
- Field trip with the delegates on (May 26)
- Institute for Food Safety and Health’s (IFSH) nonthermal processing laboratories
- High pressure processing tolling facility at Liberty Cold
The Booklet for the 2017 IFT-EFFoST International Nonthermal Processing Conference/Workshop is now available on the Conference Website.