Promotes the efforts of the Alliance through the development of education materials that are timely, focused and appropriate for the target audience.
FSPCA Course Topical Outline
The FSPCA Preventive Controls course is expected to be a 2 – 2 ½ day long course. It is expected to address the following topics:
- Course introduction and objectives
- Definitions, terms and key concepts
- Prerequisite programs (cGMPs, sanitation, pest control etc.)
- Conducting a hazard analysis and identifying hazards
- Determining preventive control measures for identified hazards
- Verification and validation of preventive controls
- Record retention and accessibility
- Management & implementation of the Food Safety Plan including reanalysis of the Food Safety Plan
The course will also include Appendices with resource materials that may be helpful in preparing Food Safety Plans.